A week spent cruising the serene and intricate waterways of Burgundy, passing through the historic city of Auxerre.
- Executive Coach Travel
- Assistance with booking taxi connections and/or hotel stay pre-departure
- Eurotunnel or ferry crossings
- Six full days of cruising with on board lunch and free bar
- Hotel accommodation at the Logis St François in Vermenton
- Dinners with wine including evening meals at the Cistercian Abbaye de Reigny and the Hostellerie de la Fontaine in Accolay
- Optional visits by coach as stated at no extra charge and including free time in Auxerre
- Chablis wine-tasting
- Accordionist entertainment
What's Not Included
Depart the UK this morning for your journey to Vermenton, stopping of lunch in Reims.
Take a local train this morning to the medieval town of Clamecy, where you will board the Natalia. From here, cruise as far as the village of Châtel-Censoir. You will have an optional excursion to the hilltop village of Vézelay.
Take a short coach trip this morning to Châtel-Censoir, and from here, continue to cruise northwards on the Nivernais.
Cruise from Vermenton through the picturesque Yonne valley to Champs-sur-Yonne, where you will stop for lunch. The coach will depart for Auxerre after lunch, for anyone who wants some free time to explore the city.
After transfering back to Auxerre, continue cruising on the River Yonne as far as Migennes. Today's excursion, gives you the option to stay in Auxerre and make for the riverside town of Joigny via coach.
The coach will take a scenic route from Vermenton via Chablish, dropping passengers off at the spectacular Cistercian cathedral-abbey of Pontigny before continuing to embark at Migennes. From here you will continue cruising through to the town of St. Florentin.
Your final day of cruising commences today in St. Florentin, to the wine town of Tonnerre. The coach will offer two excursion options today, either stay in St Florentin to visit the town's splendid hilltop Gothic and Renaissance church, or head for some free time in the village of Tonnerre.
Depart Vermenton this mornign after breakfast for your journey home, via Chablis, Tonnerre and Chaurce.