- Fascinating river cruise in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows; Walk-out balconies in suites on AMADEUS Silver, Silver II and Silver III
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included (buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack) in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24-hour complimentary coffee/tea station
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and
- Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including
- talks, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and nightly music by the AMADEUS Duo in the Panorama-Bar
- Fitness room (open 24 hours)
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- Non-smoking environment
- (smoking permitted on the Sun Deck)
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees
What's Not Included
Embark the vessel and get settled into your cabin. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
In the nearby village of Hoorn, visit a cheese farm to learn about Dutch cheese production. This evening, enjoy a delicious dinner as we continue to explore the Netherlands.
Experience the wonderful landscape along the river before arriving in Arnhem for lunch. This afternoon, explore the city of Arnhem, a small metropolis that was greatly affected by WWII. The open-air museum recounts daily life in Arnhem or visit the former Second World War battlefield and the Airborne Museum “Hartenstein”. You can also visit the Burgers’ Zoo, the most-visited zoo in the Netherlands. Back on board, enjoy dinner as we cruise to the capital of Zeeland.
After a morning spent cruising the waterways, we arrive in the picturesque town of Middelburg. In the Golden Age (17th c), the Dutch East Indies Company flourished, evidenced by the merchant houses and storefronts that line the canals. For a feat of modern technology, visit the impressive Delta Works. This expansive series of dams was built to protect the area against flooding and high tides. Several original windmills still stand on the outskirts of town, representing another innovative technology of a bygone era.
Overnight, cross the border into Belgium and reach the city of Ghent where your vessel will remain anchored for the day. Ghent is the country’s third-largest city and one of Belgium’s best kept secrets. Home to the beautiful St. Bavo Cathedral and the famous Ghent Altarpiece, it is also home to numerous other museums – something for everyone. Another beautiful city worth visiting is nearby Bruges, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Basilica of the Holy Blood which houses a relic, a vial of blood, that is said to be that of Jesus. Another worthwhile stop is the Groeninge Museum – with its collection of artwork that spans several centuries. This evening, join your fellow travellers for dinner.
Wake up in this beautiful Belgian city, where there is plenty to discover. Although famous for its diamond trade, Antwerp is also home to numerous cultural jewels. Among them, the Cathedral of Our Lady, with paintings by the famous Baroque artist Peter Paul Rubens, including the Raising of the Cross and the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, is not to be missed. Spend the afternoon in Antwerp following individual pursuits or venture to the nearby capital city of Brussels, a major centre for international politics. In the evening, enjoy the Captain’s Gala Dinner.
On today’s return to the Netherlands, the historic windmills of Kinderdijk are a good example of the rich history of the country.
At midday, the vessel heads for Utrecht and the grand finale, the Keukenhof Flower Gardens. This beautiful park features more tulips in flower than anywhere else in the world. Over 7 million bulbs are planted here annually, with visitors from around the world coming to explore the 9-and-a-half-mile network of footpaths, including the largest sculpture park in the Netherlands. Should you choose to join the expedition to the flower gardens, you will rejoin the vessel in Amsterdam, where it remains overnight.
Should you choose to join the expedition to the flower gardens, you will rejoin the vessel in Amsterdam, where it remains overnight.
|Embark||Disembark||Guide Price||More Information|
|Embark Amsterdam, Thu 05 Apr 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Brilliant||Disembark Amsterdam Date Wed 11 Apr 2018||Guide Price Cruise only £1,046 pp||Enquire|
|Embark Amsterdam, Wed 11 Apr 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Royal||Disembark Amsterdam Date Tue 17 Apr 2018||Guide Price cruise only £1,046 pp||Enquire|
|Embark Amsterdam, Thu 12 Apr 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Brilliant||Disembark Amsterdam Date Wed 18 Apr 2018||Guide Price cruise only £1,046 pp||Enquire|
|Embark Amsterdam, Fri 27 Apr 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Queen||Disembark Amsterdam Date Thu 03 May 2018||Guide Price cruise only £1,416 pp||Enquire|