This cruise includes a trip along the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers, which are undoubtedly Europe’s most important and beautiful rivers. Start your cruise across Europe from Amsterdam on the North Sea along the fascinating Dutch waterways, down to Nuremberg, or in the opposite direction, from Nuremberg to Amsterdam. You will visit the fascinating cities of Cologne, Würzburg and Bamberg and cruise the most important connection between the Danube and the Main: the Rhine-Main-Danube canal. Finally, you will pass the legendary Lorelei Rock, an inspiration for many writers and poets.
Cruise prices are per person
Airfare: Please call for airfares
Single cabin supplement per person for all dates: C-4+C-1: 15% · B-4: 30% · B-1: 50% · A-1: 60% · Suite: 100% of cruise price
Excursions and excursion packages: additional £97 -£268 per person - call for details. Save 15% when you book prior to your cruise.
Extension in Prague: Extend your holiday with a 2-day stay in the capital city of Prague, known as the “Golden City”.
The optional stay in Prague can be booked as a pre-programme to the Nuremberg–Amsterdam trip or as a post-programme to the Amsterdam–Nuremberg trip.
• 2 nights with breakfast in 5-star hotel
• 1 elegant dinner at the hotel
• Transfer Passau/vessel–Prague/hotel or v.v.
• Experienced tour guide
- Seven night's on board in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included - buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24-hour complimentary coffee and tea station
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including talks, cooking demonstrations, onboard music performances and nightly music by the AMADEUS Duo in the Panorama-Bar
- Fitness room (open 24 hours)
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- In-stateroom infotainment center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
What's Not Included
- Shore excursions - excursions packages are available to purchase per guest to allow you to tailor-make your perfect itinerary
- International & domestic air fares
- Overseas transfers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone/fax calls, camera/video fees, medical expenses, airport departure tax, travel insurance etc.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
Embark the vessel in Nuremberg where the Rhine, Main and Danube connect. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
The Imperial city of Bamberg is a perfect place to begin your exploration. This medieval town is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site, which retains its medieval layout of three settlement areas, along with its historic buildings and Baroque facades. As you take in the seven hills of Bamberg, each topped with a stunning church, enjoy a beer from one of the many local breweries. Relax on board this afternoon while cruising the Main River. This evening, join a talk about the creation and importance of the Rhine-Main-Danube canal.
Today, visit Würzburg, a city in Bavaria known for lavish baroque and rococo architecture, located in the centre of the Franconian wine country. Experience the many beautiful sights of the town such as the marketplace, the Maria Chapel and the old main bridge, the Marienberg Fortress and the surrounding vineyards. As the central hub for wineries in this part of Germany, Würzburg is the perfect place to visit some of the local wineries for tastings. From Würzburg, you can venture to nearby Rothenburg ob der Tauber, one of the most perfectly preserved medieval towns in Europe. Its towers, city gates, walls, and half-timbered gables have remained unchanged since the Thirty Years’ War. Return to the ship and continue down the river Main.
Two historic cities on the river Main are on the agenda for today or enjoy a day of cruising. In Wertheim, explore the medieval streets with its half-timbered houses and glass museum, all watched over by the two-clock tower on the Berg Wertheim (castle).
Continue to Miltenberg, a city flanked by the river Main and an incredible forested hillside. In this unique town, see one of the oldest inns in Germany, the Hotel “Zum Reisen” and the Miltenburg Castle. This is another wonderful opportunity to sample some of the region’s red wines. After a relaxing afternoon cruising, join your fellow travellers for a beautifully prepared dinner.
Today we visit the “Town of Towers”, so named because of the 16 towers still standing along the original city wall surrounding the town. Oberwesel is home to two Gothic churches located on opposite ends of town – both worth a visit. In the shadow of the Schönburg Castle, enjoy a glass of the city’s famous Riesling wine as you take in the beautiful views. Back on board this afternoon, cruise through the scenic passage of the Lorelei.
Awake in Cologne, the fourth-largest city in Germany, with its skyline marked by the twin spires of the Cologne Cathedral among modern buildings. New blends with the old in this metropolis. After a morning in the city, you may want to visit nearby Siebengebirge National Park and Drachenfels rock. Germany’s first nature reserve, with the world-renowned Hotel Petersberg, is a great way to spend the afternoon. Tonight is a special night on board, the Captain’s Gala Dinner.
Spend the morning cruising the waterways of the Netherlands or take the opportunity to disembark in Utrecht and explore the countryside which includes a visit to a local factory to learn about Holland’s famous export – cheese.
Rejoin the vessel in Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands. With a canal system as intricate and unique as Venice, this city is known for its 17th-century architecture and many museums. Before returning to the ship this evening, be sure to catch a glimpse of the bridge lights reflecting off the canal water.
|Embark||Disembark||Guide Price||More Information|
|Special Offer Embark , Sat 13 Jul 2019 On Board||Disembark Date Sat 20 Jul 2019||Guide Price cruise only £1,709 pp||Enquire|
2019 Summer Special
Receive €100 onboard spending money per person plus, no single supplements on this sailing. For a limited time only. Terms & conditions apply.
|Embark , Sun 30 Aug 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sun 06 Sep 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,689 pp||Enquire|