This fascinating journey takes you along the most beautiful stretches of the Danube, into the heart of the once-illustrious Habsburg monarchy. From the Bavarian “Three-Rivers City” of Passau, cruise to Budapest, the “Queen of the Danube”. Visit four of Europe’s most important countries and three world-famous capital cities of Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava. Cruise through diverse landscapes such as the “Schlögener Schlinge”, the picturesque, myth-enshrouded Wachau region, and the Danube-knee at Visegrad. Admire imposing architectural buildings along the banks, such as Melk Abbey and the Esztergom Basilica. The cruise is also a journey through the art and cultural landscape of Europe’s several thousand year history.
Cruise prices are per person
Airfare: Please call for airfares
Single cabin supplement per person for all dates: C-4+C-1: 15% · B-4: 30% · B-1: 50% · A-1: 60% · Suite: 100% of cruise price
Excursions and excursion packages: additional £171 -£298 per person - call for details. Save 15% when you book prior to your cruise.
- Seven night's on board in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included - buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24-hour complimentary coffee and tea station
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including talks, cooking demonstrations, onboard music performances and nightly music by the AMADEUS Duo in the Panorama-Bar
- Fitness room (open 24 hours)
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- In-stateroom infotainment center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
What's Not Included
- Shore excursions - excursions packages are available to purchase per guest to allow you to tailor-make your perfect itinerary
- International & domestic air fares
- Overseas transfers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone/fax calls, camera/video fees, medical expenses, airport departure tax, travel insurance etc.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
This afternoon, embark the vessel and get settled into your cabin. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
In the early morning, dock in Emmersdorf, in the heart of the UNESCO-protected, cultural heritage landscape, of the Wachau Valley. Spend the morning discovering this typical small town in Lower Austria or travel across the river to nearby Melk and its magnificent Benedictine abbey – the largest in Austria.
Back on board, the vessel continues its journey to Vienna, arriving just in time to go ashore and enjoy an optional performance of the “Sound of Vienna”. At Vienna’s Kursalon, the “Alt Wien” orchestra plays popular melodies from Vienna’s classical era. Remain overnight.
After a relaxing morning on board, arrive in Budapest shortly before lunch. Spend the afternoon in this capital city which uniquely straddles the Danube River. A large portion of this city is a World Heritage Site, including the banks of the Danube, Andrassy Avenue, the Buda Castle quarter, Heroes’ Square, and the Millennium Underground Railway. With 80 geothermal hot springs, the third largest Parliament building in the world and the second largest Synagogue, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy in this bustling metropolis. A special treat this evening awaits, as musicians come on board to entertain with traditional music of Hungary, as the vessel cruises the Danube to see this beautiful city by night. Remain overnight.
Relax on board or join the optional excursion to visit Szentendre, an artist’s village with galleries and art museum and Esztergom, the seat of the Hungarian Catholic church and former capital city. Those on the excursion rejoin the vessel in Esztergom before dinner. Watch the departing lights of the city as the vessel continues on its way.
Discover the Slovak capital of Bratislava, home to the Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra, old city walls, the summer residence of the archbishop and the current residence of the president of Slovakia. Take a leisurely stroll from Michael’s Gate through the historic city centre to the Primatial Palace and St. Martin’s Cathedral. The Academia Istropolitana is the oldest university in the city, dating back to the 15th century.
Cruise the Danube this afternoon and enjoy the Captain’s Gala Dinner this evening.
Enjoy a relaxing morning on board before reaching Linz, the third largest city in Austria. See the Mozarthaus and the Renaissance villas here, along with the main street and square, which are marked with unique churches and concert venues. Time permitting, taste a piece of the famous Linzer Torte before returning to the ship. Join your fellow travellers for your last evening on board.
After breakfast, we bid you farewell. We hope to welcome you again soon!
|Embark||Disembark||Guide Price||More Information|
|Embark Passau, Tue 21 Aug 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Brilliant||Disembark Passau Date Tue 28 Aug 2018||Guide Price cruise only £1,416 pp||Enquire|
|Embark Passau, Mon 03 Sep 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Elegant||Disembark Passau Date Mon 10 Sep 2018||Guide Price cruise only £1,499 pp||Enquire|
|Embark Passau, Fri 19 Oct 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Queen||Disembark Passau Date Fri 26 Oct 2018||Guide Price cruise only £1,482 pp||Enquire|
|Embark Passau, Tue 23 Oct 2018 On Board MS Amadeus Elegant||Disembark Passau Date Tue 30 Oct 2018||Guide Price cruise only £1,359 pp||Enquire|