Discover the many beautiful facets of “Father Rhine” during this week-long cruise along one of the most important and attractive rivers of Europe. Along the way you will pass the Dutch Ijsselmeer and take a detour along the winding Moselle River. Delight in the panorama of the myth-enshrouded Middle Rhine Valley with its winelands, the prominent Lorelei rock, and the highest density of castles in the world. Further highlights of this trip include visit to the very historic river cities of Amsterdam, Cologne, Strasbourg and Basel.
Cruise prices are per person
Airfare: Please call for airfares
Single cabin supplement per person for all dates: C-4+C-1: 15% · B-4: 30% · B-1: 50% · A-1: 60% · Suite: 100% of cruise price
Excursions and excursion packages: additional £157 -£267 per person - call for details. Save 15% when you book prior to your cruise.
- Seven night's on board in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included - buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24-hour complimentary coffee and tea station
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including talks, cooking demonstrations, onboard music performances and nightly music by the AMADEUS Duo in the Panorama-Bar
- Fitness room (open 24 hours)
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- In-stateroom infotainment center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
What's Not Included
- Shore excursions - excursions packages are available to purchase per guest to allow you to tailor-make your perfect itinerary
- International & domestic air fares
- Overseas transfers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone/fax calls, camera/video fees, medical expenses, airport departure tax, travel insurance etc.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
Embark the vessel and get settled into your cabin. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
This morning we arrive in the dynamic capital of Alsace. This beautiful city’s sights include the famous cathedral Straßburger Münster and the Petite France quarter, a former mill and tanner district that still maintains its medieval charm. Half-timbered houses, the Ponts Couverts, the Palais de Rohan, the Council of Europe are among the wonders that Strasbourg holds in store for you. The Grand Island, the city centre, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is connected to the rest of the city by 22 stone bridges. After lunch on board, take in the views of the romantic Rhine as we move towards Switzerland, our final destination.
After breakfast, sail to Speyer, a city known for its cathedral where eight Roman Emperors and German Kings are interred. The Old Town Gate, Memorial Church, and Transportation Museum are all highlights of this beautiful city.
This afternoon’s call is at Mannheim. This unique city has many sights to see including the University of Mannheim, the National Theater Mannheim, and St. Sebastian’s Church. It is also home to Luisenpark, one of the most beautiful parks in all of Germany. Nearby Heidelberg is another old university city which is also a worthwhile visit.
This morning arrive in Rüdesheim, a winemaking town in the Rhine Gorge. Discover the region’s rich history of winemaking – perhaps visit the local museum – a great place to start. This afternoon, spend time on deck as we cruise the most beautiful section of the river – the legendary Upper Middle Rhine Valley.
Late this afternoon, the vessel arrives in Koblenz, ideally situated at the confluence of the Rhine and the Moselle rivers. The Franks, the Holy Roman Empire, the French, and the Germans have all had a hand in this strategic city’s 2000 year history. St. Castor Basilica, the Church of our Beloved Lady, and the Emperor Kaiser Wilhelm’s memorial at the German Corner, are just a few of the sites which reflect the history of the area. Back on board, your crew awaits with a delicious dinner.
Today our AMADEUS vessel takes a special trip down the romantic Moselle river, the largest tributary of the Rhine, and anchors at the old town of Cochem. The scenery in the Moselle Valley has been dominated by vineyards for millennia. Cochem itself has narrow streets, twisting alleys, medieval town gates, churches and walls. Discover the beauty of Cochem and perhaps sample some of the Riesling wines produced in this region. This evening we set off towards Cologne.
After lunch, we arrive into the beautiful city of Cologne. Every year visitors from all over the world are drawn to the historical city and its 2000-year history. Explore the historic Old Town, visit the famous twin-spired Cologne Cathedral, or perhaps sample some of the famous Kölsch beer brewed in Cologne. There are many medieval houses, bridges, and gates that will delight the historian in you, while the more modern skyscrapers that tower overhead are sure to impress. After an exciting day, we return to the vessel and make our way south. Tonight, enjoy the Captain’s Gala Dinner after your exciting day.
Sail to the cheese town of Hoorn, before taking a scenic canal boat tour through the countryside to Amsterdam.
Enjoy some free time in Amsterdam where you could choose to visit Anne Frank's House, talk a stroll around the flower market or admire some art in one of the many galleries.
|Embark||Disembark||Guide Price||More Information|
|Embark , Tue 13 Aug 2019 On Board||Disembark Date Tue 20 Aug 2019||Guide Price cruise only £1,859 pp||Enquire|
|Special Offer Embark , Thu 31 Oct 2019 On Board||Disembark Date Thu 07 Nov 2019||Guide Price cruise only £1,599 pp||Enquire|
2019 Summer Special
Receive €100 onboard spending money per person plus, no single supplements on this sailing. For a limited time only. Terms & conditions apply.
|Embark , Tue 31 Mar 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Tue 07 Apr 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,269 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Tue 12 May 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Tue 19 May 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,806 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Wed 13 May 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Wed 20 May 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,899 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Tue 23 Jun 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Tue 30 Jun 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,806 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Tue 04 Aug 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Tue 11 Aug 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,721 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Sun 13 Sep 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sun 20 Sep 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,899 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Sun 27 Sep 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sun 04 Oct 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,899 pp||Enquire|