This itinerary connects Passau, the so-called “Three-Rivers City” on the Inn, Ilz and Danube rivers, with the Hungarian metropolis, Budapest, also known as the “Queen of the Danube”. This is a an exceptional journey through four of Europe’s most important countries, three world-famous capital cities, and through diverse landscapes such as the “Schlögener Schlinge” below Passau, the picturesque, myth-enshrouded Wachau region, and the Danube-knee at Visegrad (the Hungarian Wachau), with imposing religious structures along the banks of the rivers, such as Melk Abbey and the Esztergom Basilica. A highlight of the cruise is a visit to the 2,000 year old Bavarian town of Regensburg.
Cruise prices are per person
Airfare: Please call for airfares
Single cabin supplement per person for all dates: C-4+C-1: 15% · B-4: 30% · B-1: 50% · A-1: 60% · Suite: 100% of cruise price
Excursions and excursion packages: additional £136 -£410 per person - call for details. Save 15% when you book prior to your cruise.
Pre- or Post-Programme in Prague: Extend this cruise with a 2-day stay in Prague, the “Golden City”, which is a special addition to your journey.
The optional stay in Prague can be booked as a pre-programme to the Passau–Budapest trip or as a post-programme to the Budapest-Passau trip.
• 2 nights with breakfast in 5-star hotel
• 1 elegant dinner at the hotel
• Transfer Passau/vessel–Prague/hotel or v.v.
• Experienced tour guide
- International & domestic air fares
- Overseas transfers
- Accommodation in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included - buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red and white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, draft beer and soft drinks as well as coffee and tea with every lunch and dinner on board
- 24-hour complimentary coffee and tea station
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including talks, cooking demonstrations, onboard music performances and nightly music by the AMADEUS Duo in the Panorama-Bar
- Fitness room (open 24 hours)
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- In-stateroom infotainment center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
What's Not Included
- Shore excursions - excursions packages are available to purchase per guest to allow you to tailor-make your perfect itinerary
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone/fax calls, camera/video fees, medical expenses, airport departure tax, travel insurance etc.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
This afternoon, embark the vessel and get settled into your cabin. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
Begin your cruise with a visit to Regensburg. This UNESCO site boasts architecture from many centuries, reflective of its varied history throughout the centuries. The stone bridge, built in 1135–1146, the Church of St James, and the Schloss of Thurn and Taxis are a few of the highlights of this beautiful city. Back on board this evening, experience a Bavarian evening with lively traditional music and a dinner of local specialities.
A short stop this morning shows you the three-river city of Passau, lying at the confluence of the Danube, the Inn and the Ilz. At St. Stephen’s Cathedral, see an organ with 17,774 pipes and 233 registers, the second largest in the world. The imposing fortress Veste Oberhaus is located high on the hill overlooking the town and the three rivers.
This afternoon, the vessel stops in the third largest city in Austria – Linz. The main street and square are marked with unique churches, concert venues, and plenty of artists who come to the city to thrive. Time permitting, sample one of the famous Linzer Tortes before returning to the vessel.
This morning presents an opportunity to visit the famous Benedictine Abbey of Melk which stands over the Danube or continue with the vessel to the town of Weissenkirchen. Here, sample some of the region’s famous Riesling wines or enjoy a leisurely stroll through the cobbled streets.
Everyone will rejoin the ship in the early afternoon to continue on to Vienna. After arrival in Vienna, opt for the “Sound of Vienna” and listen to the “Alt Wien” orchestra play popular pieces from Vienna’s classical era, as the vessel remains overnight.
Awake today the capital city of Slovakia, Bratislava. Walking through the city, see the home of the Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra, the old city walls, the summer residence of the archbishop and the current residence of the president of Slovakia. You can also walk through the restored old town, from Michael’s Gate, where you can admire sights such as the Primatial Palace and St. Martin’s Cathedral, a former coronation cathedral for Hungarian kings. Bratislava is a little jewel along the Danube.
Relax on board as the vessel makes its way to Budapest, Hungary. For those interested in exploring the Hungarian countryside, spend the morning visiting Esztergom and its Basilica dedicated to Saint Mary, and Szentendre, known for its art galleries and museums.
After lunch, explore the beautiful Hungarian capital of Budapest. Uniquely straddling the Danube river, the Buda side with its Fisherman’s Bastion and the Pest Side with its famous Hungarian Parliament building, are connected by the beautiful Chain Bridge. An evening cruise on board your AMADEUS vessel along the illuminated skyline, accompanied by a folklore show of music and dance, is a perfect ending to your visit.
|Embark||Disembark||Guide Price||More Information|
|Embark , Tue 28 Apr 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Mon 04 May 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,699 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Mon 25 May 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sun 31 May 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,849 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Mon 01 Jun 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sun 07 Jun 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,849 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Mon 15 Jun 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sun 21 Jun 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,849 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Wed 15 Jul 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Tue 21 Jul 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,639 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Sun 27 Sep 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sat 03 Oct 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,849 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Thu 01 Oct 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Wed 07 Oct 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,849 pp||Enquire|
|Embark , Tue 20 Oct 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Mon 26 Oct 2020||Guide Price fly cruise £1,729 pp||Enquire|