This cruise includes a trip along the Rhine-Main-Danube canal, a masterpiece of engineering, and along the Danube River. Pass through four of Europe’s most important countries (Germany, Austria, Hungary and Slovakia), three world-famous capital cities (Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava), and through diverse landscapes such as the “Schlögener Schlinge” below Passau, the picturesque, myth-enshrouded Wachau region, and the Danube-knee at Visegrad (the Hungarian Wachau), with imposing architectural buildings along the banks of the rivers, such as Melk Abbey and the Esztergom Basilica. The cruise can be booked either from the Bavarian town of Nuremberg to Budapest – the “Queen of the Danube”, or in the opposite direction.
Cruise prices are per person
Airfare: Please call for airfares
Single cabin supplement per person for all dates: C-4+C-1: 15% · B-4: 30% · B-1: 50% · A-1: 60% · Suite: 100% of cruise price
Excursions and excursion packages: additional £116 -£280 per person - call for details. Save 15% when you book prior to your cruise.
Pre- or Post-Programme in Prague: Extend this cruise with a 2-day stay in the attractive capital city of Prague, known as the “Golden City”.
The optional stay in Prague can be booked as a pre-programme to the Nuremberg–Budapest trip or as a post-programme to the Budapest–Nuremberg trip.
• 2 nights with breakfast in 5-star hotel
• 1 elegant dinner at the hotel
• Transfer Passau/vessel–Prague/hotel or v.v.
• Experienced tour guide
- Seven night's on board in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included - buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24-hour complimentary coffee and tea station
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including talks, cooking demonstrations, onboard music performances and nightly music by the AMADEUS Duo in the Panorama-Bar
- Fitness room (open 24 hours)
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- All port taxes, embarkation, disembarkation and lock fees
- Bottled water in every stateroom
- In-stateroom infotainment center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
What's Not Included
- Shore excursions - excursions packages are available to purchase per guest to allow you to tailor-make your perfect itinerary
- International & domestic air fares
- Overseas transfers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone/fax calls, camera/video fees, medical expenses, airport departure tax, travel insurance etc.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
This afternoon, embark the vessel and get settled into your cabin. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared Welcome Dinner.
Arrive in the Slovakian capital city of Bratislava this afternoon. The old city walls, the summer residence of the archbishop and the current residence of the president of Slovakia are part of the charm of this city.
Walk through the restored old town, from Michael’s Gate, where you can admire the Primatial Palace and St. Martin’s Cathedral, a former coronation cathedral for Hungarian kings, to the Academia Istropolitana, the
oldest university in the city, which dates back to the 15th century. Back on board, enjoy a delicious dinner with your fellow travellers.
There is much to see and explore in the impressive Imperial Vienna. Drive along the Ringstrasse, visit one of the many museums or visit the Naschmarkt for a sample of culinary delights, the city is yours.
An excursion to Schönbrunn Palace, the former Habsburg summer residence of Empress Maria Theresia is offered this afternoon, as well as an evening concert ‘Sound of Vienna’ at a local music hall to round out your stay. Late in the evening, the vessel departs toward the romantic Wachau Valley.
Awake in the village of Dürnstein, known as the “Pearl of the Wachau”. Spend the morning in the romantic village with its iconic blue church and winding streets, and perhaps sample the local wines.
After lunch on board, dock in Emmersdorf, in the heart of the UNESCO-protected landscape, of the Wachau Valley. Spend the afternoon discovering this typical small town in Lower Austria or travel across the river to nearby Melk and its magnificent Benedictine abbey, the largest in Austria and a seat of higher education.
Our next port of call is the three-rivers city of Passau, located at the confluence of the Danube, the Inn and the Ilz rivers. High above the rivers, the Veste Oberhaus 13th century fortress houses a city museum and observation tower. The old town of Passau is filled with outstanding Baroque architecture, including St. Stephen’s Cathedral containing the largest pipe organ in the world with 17,974 pipes. This evening, enjoy the Captain’s Gala Dinner as you continue to beautiful Regensburg.
Visit the beautiful city of Regensburg, one of Germany’s most well-preserved medieval cities. Among its architectural treasures are churches, monasteries, the town hall, and one of Europe’s oldest bridges, which has spanned the Danube since the 12th century. Explore the city and feel the former power and wealth which once controlled the trade route to the Orient. Step inside the Regensburg Cathedral, dedicated to St. Peter, and admire this masterpiece of Gothic architecture in southern Germany. Spend the afternoon cruising the waterways of the Danube. A Bavarian theme surrounds the evening with a special menu and festivities.
We bid you farewell after breakfast in the city of Nuremberg. We hope to welcome you back soon!
|Embark||Disembark||Guide Price||More Information|
|Embark , Sun 23 Aug 2020 On Board||Disembark Date Sun 30 Aug 2020||Guide Price cruise only £1,849 pp||Enquire|